WORKSHOPS & TRAININGS
- EMDR Therapy Basic Training (Part 1 and Part 2) - Provided intensive training to mental health professionals including didactic teaching, practicum experience and consultation with clinicians implementing EMDR with their clients.
- What You Need to Know for using EMDR with Telehealth. Live webinar April 2020.
- EMDR and Telehealth with Kids. October 2020.
- 4 Myths About Dissociation. Summer 2020.
- CORE Training for Adoption and Foster Care. Provided 2010 - 2012.
- Workshops and training geared for specific groups in the community as well as clinician or staff training in local settings to increase understanding of trauma, attachment and EMDR.
Hi, I'm Rachel,
As a therapist, I quickly learned that so much of what my clients were experiencing could be traced back to traumatic experiences in their lives. And although talk therapy was helpful, it was not enough.
When I read the research on the effectiveness of EMDR Therapy, I got trained. After using it with my clients, I became passionate enough about it to train everyone that I could. That is how Trauma Specialists was born.
I believe that every therapist needs to know how to do EMDR Therapy because nothing works quite like it to treat trauma and move clients toward healing.
Now we have a whole team of trainers and consultants who have gone far beyond what I could ever do myself.
I have sat with hundreds of clients, both with the tools to effectively treat trauma and without. I have also trained hundreds of therapists and worked with them as they learned to effectively treat trauma. The result?
Knowing how to treat trauma lets us go farther with our clients and resolve more of their symptoms. We can see healing happening in our sessions and in our clients lives. Talk therapy alone does not yield these results in people who have experienced trauma. This is where my passion has come from in training therapists in my practice as well as others to effectively treat trauma with a modality such as EMDR Therapy.
BUT, I am a sensitive soul. I kept watching other trainers and other experts treating people as less than or interacting as the expert and even getting annoyed with questions. That experience birthed a different way of training for me. I designed a style of training that is interactive and collaborative. Any question is good. Every therapist is good.
We strive to empower and support our therapists in training first in order that they might learn and eventually master the material. We are all humans and we all want to connect and feel safe enough to learn. And with that, Trauma Specialists Training Institute was born. We are invested in your growth!
Training the Trauma Specialists of Tomorrow